Monitors gaming floor providing asset protections, detect crimes, violations, and disturbances, using video and/or audio.
Monitors gaming floor providing asset protections, detect crimes, violations, and disturbances, using video and/or audio surveillance equipment. Monitors and reports observation by generating reports, in accordance with department policies and procedures. This position has access to extremely sensitive information and the incumbent must adhere to San Felipe Gaming Regulatory Commission’s confidentiality policy.
• Observe Enterprise/Casino operations for irregular activities such as cheating or theft by employees or patrons, using audio/video equipment.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times, while observing and/or reporting activities.
• Reports all violations and suspicious behaviors in writing to supervisors.
• Provide oversight for all currency transactions and transportation.
• Ability to work in a confined area for the duration of shift.
• Maintain a high level of concentration, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
• Work as a team with other surveillance personnel and casino departments.
• Maintain logs and/or records of activity during the scheduled shift.
• Provide assistance and/or information to Enterprise management as directed when necessary.
• Maintains and operates CCTV system in surveillance control room.
• Monitors for deviations from Tribal-State Compact regulations, NIGC MICS, and department procedure manuals.
• Monitors the gaming floor for criminal activity, safety hazards, and violations of policies, Regulations, MICS.
• Maintains digital video files and/or evidence.
• Cooperates with management and department directors to assure property protection.
• Completes accurate, well written, timely reports for all incidents observed.
• Attend and satisfactory complete required training as directed by Surveillance Manager, Human Resources, SFPGRC Executive Director.
• Must be able to pass a stringent background check.
• Performs other duties as requested by the Surveillance Director, General Manager, or Departmental Management.
• High School Diploma and/or equivalent (required) AND 6 months’ experience in law enforcement, security, or surveillance preferred; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Gaming experience preferred.
• Thorough knowledge of Tribal-State Compact, NIGC MICS, policies and procedure of revenue generating/cash handling departments, and games of chance.
• Excellent written and verbal reporting skills.
• Ability to be in a sedentary position for long periods.
• Manual hand dexterity for operation of cameras, computers, and completing paperwork.
• Desire to be a team player for protection of property assests.
• Valid Driver’s license.
• Extended working hours, shift work, and ability to provide shift coverage as needed.
All San Felipe Pueblo Gaming Regulatory Commission employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all policies and procedures relating to confidentiality, gaming, cash transaction, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself in a highly professional manner at all times.
All San Felipe Pueblo Gaming Regulatory Commission employees must be competent in working effectively others to resolve issues or problems, as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress, or projects.
Incumbents in this position must be able to understand auditory messages and non-verbal cues to derive meaning from spoken/visual material. Requires the ability to remain attentive.
Incumbents in this position must have a thorough knowledge of all games of chance and a desire to acquire new skills and expand their knowledge base.
• Effort and Initiative
Incumbent in this position must have the ability to work and take action without specific direction and without constant supervision.
• Mathematical Skills
Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s ad 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of U. S Currency and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
• Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in writing, orally, or diagram form. Ability to deal with issues, while maintaining a calm professional bearing.
SUPERVISION: SURVEILLANCE MANAGER