The incumbent in coordination with direction of the Fitness Program will assist in the develop of the program
Health & Wellnes
This is a community-based position that services residents of San Felipe Pueblo. The incumbent in coordination with and under the general direction of the Fitness Program Coordinator will assist in the development and implementation of a fitness and activity program that is consistent with community needs assessment as assessed on an ongoing basis, and meets the requirements of goals and objectives of the Pueblo of San Felipe Administration and Council, and the Indian Health Service Grant Management guidelines.
• Assists with implementation of Health & Wellness department goals and objectives in activities accordance with Pueblo of San Felipe Tribal Administration and Council goals and objectives and Indian Health Service Grants Management guidelines.
• Provides and implements daily and monthly fitness activities such as monthly fun runs, physical education, Children’s Tumbling and Exercise classes, Elderly Exercise classes, yoga and community-wide fitness promotional activities.
• Must be willing to work evening and weekend hours.
• Assist with the ongoing development of community wellness program.
• Monitors the Fitness center and activities during evening hours.
• Provides after school activities such as running programs, physical fitness education, basketball, youth baseball leagues and volleyball intramural events to youth and adults.
• Assists with recreation and physical activity program in coordination with the Summer Arts and Recreation Program.
• Provides 1-1 personal fitness training services to the consumers.
• Complete and maintain the required continuing education hours for personal fitness, spinning and yoga certifications /licensures.
Incumbent is a licensed and certified individual with experience working with children, ages 6 – 16, and adults in fitness related activities, is culturally competent to the fitness and wellness community practices and a demonstrates high ability to effectively communicate and educate in the Keres and languages predominant to San Felipe Pueblo.
• Education: HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Experience/Basic Knowledge: Have a basic knowledge and understanding of the educational principles in adult and child learning theories such as behavioral objectives, teaching methodologies and evaluation techniques; and possess skills and abilities to complete physical fitness intakes assessments and charting requirements pursuant to the Health & Fitness operational standards.
• Required Licenses/Certifications: Certified or licensed Personal Fitness, Spinning & Yoga Trainer and CPR and First Aide.
• Physical Requirements: Must be physically fit, ability to consistently exercise, bend, stoop, run, spin, sit and stand for long periods.
• Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work requires driving and involves standing, bending and walking within the community, schools, clinic and homes. Ability to drive a car in all types of road conditions. Lifting and carrying is necessary to set up equipment for special events, clinics, and teaching programs.
• Preferences: Possess a valid State and Government driver’s license. Bilingual, Keres and English speaking preferred. Veteran Preference. Ability to manipulate data and modify educational programs to be consistent with cultural requirements.
Works at a fitness facility and other in and outdoor fitness/recreational areas with fitness equipment. Actively engages through physical movement and fitness activities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to outside weather in all seasons is necessary because of required visits
to homes and schools.
Travel is often an on unimproved roads. Exposure to infections and communicable disease is possible.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions or to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.