The Pueblo of San Felipe Child Care Program provides Family Home Child Care assistance to median income families that are working, attending school or in a job training program. Must be in any of the above activities for at least 20 hours per week to be eligible for services. Self employment is not accepted as employment.
The program follows the Minimum Health and Safety Standards for all Family Child Care Homes.
View Minimum Health & Safety Standards (PDF)
Services are available for children from birth to age 10 or special needs children from birth to age 14. Children MUST be enrolled members of San Felipe Pueblo or otherwise pending enrollment.
Priority of services is given to children with special needs, TANF participants, children in Foster Care/ Protective Services and children of teen parents. All services provided to Foster Care and Protective Services children are limited to a 6 month period due to limited funding.
1. Fill out application. Applications can be obtained at the Child Care office, Administration Building, or downloaded below
Download Parent Application (PDF)
2. Attach requested information: Most recent pay stub, completed Employment verification form, and completed Child Care placement agreement form.
3. If attending school, a class schedule signed by school contact.
4. Information on children needing services Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB), if child is not enrolled, a letter regarding pending status can be obtained at the Enrollment office, Up to date Immunization record, Birth Certificate.
5. If applying under referral for Foster Care/Protective Services a court order must be attached.
6. For children with special needs a physician’s statement explaining the type of disability must be attached.
Our provider applications are based upon your relationship status between you and the child/ren you are planning to be caring for.
Definition of a relative provider: One who is related to the child by blood or marriage. This can be a grandparent, great grandparent, sibling, aunt, uncle.
If you are related to the child by blood or marriage (grandparent, great grandparent, sibling, aunt, uncle), please follow the process below:
Download Relative Provider Application (PDF)
All others please follow the process below:
Click here to be redirected to New Mexico Early Childhood Education & Care Department to learn about Comprehensive Background Check Process
If you have any questions as to which application to fill out please contact us. Our contact information is listed at the bottom.
All Applications can be submitted in-person, through mail, or via email.
Relative residents in a family child care home:
Non-Relative residents in a family child care home:
Rates are based on a daily rate by age group:
Full Time = more than 5 hours of care.
Part Time = less than 5 hours of care.
Child Care payments are made on a monthly basis.
Office Location: San Felipe Head Start
Mailing Address: PO Box 4339, San Felipe Pueblo, NM 87001
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm