• Total Number of Tests Conducted: Approx. 1350
• Total Number of Positives : 160*
(Includes on and off reservation tribal members and on reservation non-tribal members)
• Total Number of Negatives: 1,214
• Total Number of Individuals Recovered: 136
• Total Number of Families Quarantined in their homes: 3
• Total Number of Households cleared from the virus: 23
• Total Number of Individuals isolated at Buffalo Thunder: 13
The Pueblo of San Felipe Administration is pleased to announce the second round of “blitz” COVID-19 testing on Tuesday, May 26th and Wednesday, May 27th. Testing will take place in the San Felipe Elementary/Day School parking lot and begin promptly at 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
We were pleased with the community turn-out for the testing that took place in early April. Presbyterian administered over 1,000 tests (about 1/3 of our community) in their two-day drive-thru testing operation. We realize that the test is only capable of detecting whether you currently have or recently had the virus. We believe that through aggressive testing, in combination with contact tracing and isolation/quarantining we can stop the spread of the virus.
With a complete statewide reopening date looming, and still no vaccine, we highly encourage EVERYONE to head to the site to get tested. Getting tested and getting negative results is only part of the solution. Maintaining negative status, along with social distancing, stay-at-home and regular disinfecting are all factors in reducing the spread of the virus and preventable suffering. For tribal members that are elderly or at-risk, we ask you to consult with your doctor or the San Felipe IHS Clinic at 867-2739, before leaving your home for testing.
San Felipe Alert System: Register for CodeRED.
CodeRED is a cloud based Software-as-a-Service solution trusted by thousands of government agencies since 1998. Public safety officials can easily deliver geo-targeted, time-sensitive information via phone, e-mail, SMS and more. Initial phase on the San Felipe Alert system allows San Felipe residents to Stay Informed and Aware Regarding:
• Special announcements from Governor/Administration.
• COVID-19 alerts and information.
• San Felipe specific alerts such as Amber and Silver alerts.
• Text “SANFELIPEALERT” to 99411 to enroll in the San Felipe Pueblo Alert program.
• You can also register online: https://public.coderedweb.com/CNE/en-US/BFA3CD7DF8BA
• Or visit the San Felipe website for more information (www.sfpueblo.com)
• Register your phone number today to receive important information via text, and help your loved ones sign up so we can keep each others informed.
New Mexico Primary Election
The New Mexico Primary Election is set for June 2, 2020. The Sandoval County Clerk’s Office has mailed out absentee ballots to our registered voters on the Pueblo. We ask that you vote by absentee ballot and mail your ballot back to the Sandoval County Clerk.
Due to the on-going public health situation here on the Pueblo, we had to cancel our early voting location on the Pueblo. We’re still in the process on working with the Sandoval County Clerk to ensure safety of our tribal members voting on the actual Primary Election Day on June 2, 2020. We will keep you posted.
• All registered Democrats, Republicans and Libertarians are eligible to vote for the Primary Election.
• Absentee ballots must be requested no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday, May 28, 2020. If you have not received an absentee ballot, please contact the Sandoval County Clerk’s Office at 867-7572 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Package Pick-up Hours
Please be advised that we have a set schedule to pick up your packages at the Tribal Administration Building. Beginning on Tuesday, May 26, 2020, hours will be from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Mondays-Wednesdays. UPS and the USPS deliver packages to the Administration building, Federal Express delivers packages up to the south road block on State Road 313, if you are expecting any packages from Fed Ex, please claim your packages there. Finally, please include a phone number to contact you on all orders that you make so staff can call you when your package arrives. This process will be followed until the Pueblo reopens.
Please continue to follow the recommended guidelines to ensure that you and your family do not acquire the virus.
• Continue to wash your hands for 20 seconds.
• Avoid large gatherings. Continue to practice social distancing.
• Wear a face mask when out in public, even in the Pueblo.
• Continue to sanitize frequently touched surfaces such as, restroom and kitchen surfaces, door knobs, light switches, t.v. remote controls, cell phones, tablets, etc.
• If you experience any of the symptoms associated with the Coronavirus, such as headaches, coughing, difficulty breathing, chest pain, fever and sinus infection, please call the following numbers immediately San Felipe IHS Clinic 867-2739; IHS Covid Hotline 1-505-988-9821; NM Covid Hotline 1-855-600-3453. The longer you wait, you risk the chance of infecting other members of your family that you are living with.
• Continue to protect our elders and children.
• Adhere to the stay-at-home order, while the rest of New Mexico is slowly re-opening, the virus is still active and we need to be vigilant and take necessary precautions.
• Continue to designate one member of your household to go grocery shopping or conduct business off of the Pueblo. #KatishtyaStrong - Stay Strong and Be Healthy!