Responsible for transporting patients to and from medical appointments. Santa Fe, Albuquerque, local clinic.
Health and Wellness
Responsible for transporting patients to and from medical appointments. Santa Fe, Albuquerque, local clinic. Working in coordination with San Felipe Pueblo Community Health Programs and Indian Health Service. Public Health Nursing, Health Education, Nutrition Education, Diabetes Education, and San Felipe Health clinic to promote wellness, and increase community knowledge of disease prevention.
• Assist with medical and health education. Willingness at assist in multiple health care area of the Health and Wellness Department to include duties at the COVID-19 testing site.
• Assist PHN’s with flu shots, delivery of medication to critical patients, provide transportation to medical appointments for patients.
• Assist with community surveys to assess community health needs.
• Assist with maintaining health programs that are culturally appropriated and do not conflict with community values and tradition.
• Perform home visit and check vital signs and report abnormal findings to the medical provider
• Assist with Audiology, basic eye glasses repair.
• Assist in providing COVID-19 safe transportation when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). Must be bilingual in English and keres and knowledgeable of Pueblo of San Felipe cultural values, norms, and traditions. Within one (1) year of hire, must be certified with the following credentials, and maintain certification on an annual basis.
1. American Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR Certification
2. Indian Health Service Basic 100 hour course
3. Annual Indian Health Service Confidentiality training (HIPPA)
4. Current Defensive driving course.
An additional 20-hour per year of training in one of the following specialty areas is also required:
2. Elder care
3. Health Promotion and Disease Prevention
• Experience/Basic Knowledge:
• Required Licenses/Certifications: Prefer a valid driver’s license.
• Physical Requirements: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The job requires driving and involves standing, bending, and walking within the community, schools, clinics, and homes. Ability to drive a car in all types of road conditions. Lifting to assist patients in and out of vehicles. Carrying up to 50 lbs when necessary to set up equipment for special events, clinics, and teaching programs.
• Preferences: San Felipe Preference
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Exposure to outside weather in all seasons is necessary because of required visits to home and schools. Travel is often on unimproved roads. Exposure to infections and communicable disease is possible.
Involve addressing two injury prevention priorities: 1) Motor Vehicle and 2) Fall Prevention. Utilizing best practice measures and effective strategies in collaboration with key partners to reduce injury risks and hazards in the community.