Coordinates and ensures acceptable trash collection and functionality of the transfer station.
$13.00 - $16.00 DOE
Coordinates and ensures acceptable trash collection and functionality of the transfer station. Maintains equipment and works closely with other Solid Waste staff.
Ensures safe disposal and dumping activities for all tribal residents be enforcing the Transfer station operation procedures and regulations. Examines loads of waste, recyclable material and directing, sorting, handling at Transfer station. Inventory data of trash disposal and graphs. Assists and ensures scheduling of trash collection on weekdays, feast and holidays are implemented and completed. Maintains inventory of tools and equipment. Is responsible to ensure Transfer Station is open and closed at specific times. Ensures all transfer station gates are properly secured. Maintains transfer station yard, weeds and trash are cleared. Maintains logs of work and equipment usage. Is required to work feast, weekends and holidays. Trash pickup. Ensures safety procedures and equipment are in place.
• Education: HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• Experience/Basic Knowledge:
• Required Licenses/Certifications: Prefer a valid driver’s license. CDL or ability to progressively obtain CDL.
• Physical Requirements: Must have manual dexterity to lift 50 lbs. Ability to stand for long periods. Bends and stoops regularly.
• Preferences: San Felipe Preference and Veteran’s Preference.
Works in field. Works outside for long periods of time and types.
And other duties as assigned by Director.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions or to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.