Responsible for leading, directing, overseeing all delivery of clinical and behavioral health services to the San Felipe Pueblo
Health and Wellness
Responsible for leading, directing, overseeing all delivery of clinical and behavioral health services to the San Felipe Pueblo community. Ensures the development and implementation of community health and wellness activities, initiatives, and programs that are consistent with meeting the health needs of the community. Meets or exceeds the goals and objectives of the Pueblo of San Felipe Administration and the Indian Health Service P.L. 93-638 contract and grant. Incumbent is responsible for coordination and professional supervision of licensed and non-professional staff including Public Health Nurses, Nutritionists, Diabetes Education Specialist, Health Education Specialist, Health & Wellness Program Assistant, Pharmacy and Dental staff, Clinical Housekeeping, and San Felipe Pueblo Community Health Representative.
• Develop and Implement a five strategic plan and an effective organizational chart.
• Integrate all clinical and behavioral health outpatient services with the mission, vision, plans and primary
functions of the Health and wellness department.
• Ensure delivery of high quality, efficient, and cost effective services for all areas of responsibility.
Complete budget development for the department including immediate and projected needs of human,
material, space and financial resources.
• Assume fiscal management and accountability for budgets. Evaluate and adjust for significant variances.
• Supervise and coordinate personnel activities including hiring personnel, handling employee complaints,
grievances and discipline, counseling, documentation, and conducting performance evaluations.
• Demonstrate initiative in completion of various projects.
• Manage time and balance skills to meet demands and establish priorities.
• Demonstrate flexibility in order to manage workload.
• Continuously analyzing systems and processes; developing and implementing best practices and
appropriate changes to improve outcomes in a timely manner.
• Developing communication methods to facilitate the flow of information and maximize effective
communication throughout the department.
• Reviewing and analyzing data reports, identifying key indicator trends and developing plans to ensure
best practices are implemented to appropriately maximize both clinical and behavioral programs and
overall program profitability and/or address variances.
• Working collaboratively with Tribal Administration to plan and implement critical capital projects such as
electronic health records and electronic dental records.
• Increase employee morale through team building and developing effective working relationships with
clinical, and behavioral provider staff members, and support staff. Encouraging all program staff to
interact positively and in a spirit of good teamwork. Developing an effective team, motivating and
influencing staff to excel.
• Ensure monthly staff and coordinators meeting are conducted to discuss and achieve goals and
• Ensure Quality Management / Performance Improvement
Basic word processing and spreadsheet skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions or to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.