This position is located in San Felipe Pueblo between Albuquerque and Santa Fe serving a community of approximately 3500.
Health and Wellness
This position is located in San Felipe Pueblo between Albuquerque and Santa Fe serving a community of approximately 3500. Incumbent will serve the community through work with other tribal programs/activities, home visits, epidemiological program management, infectious disease investigation and community assessment skills.
Hours Mon-Fri 8-5
• Monitor health trends and identify health risk factors unique to tribal communities.
• Set local priorities for health-related interventions to provide the greatest benefit to the most people.
• Design and implement health education campaigns and disease prevention activities, such as immunizations and screenings
• Educate people about available health care programs and services to improve access to care
• Provide direct health care services.
• Conducts community analysis in partnership with community representatives and in collaboration with other public health or health care professionals.
• Participates in continuous evaluation of program and services and performance improvement
• Undertakes a comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of clients using suitable assessment tools underpinned by evidenced based knowledge.
• Demonstrates computer skills necessary to organize data for essential care delivery.
• Education: Bachelor in Nursing or graduate level nursing education
• Experience/Basic Knowledge: Verbal Communication, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Listening, Quality Management, Energy Level, Integrity, Infection Control, Informing Others, Nursing Skills, Medical Teamwork, Multi-tasking
• Required Licenses/Certifications: Current RN license in the State of New Mexico, current basic CPR certification, and valid New Mexico Driver license.
• Physical Requirements: Must have manual dexterity to enter and retrieve data from a computer. Ability to sit and stand for long periods. Bends and stoops regularly.
• Preferences: San Felipe Preference and Veteran’s Preference.
Works in office and within the community. May be seated for long periods of time.