The Surveillance Technician is accountable for the installation, maintenance, and repair of all surveillance equipment.
The Surveillance Technician is accountable for the installation, maintenance, and repair of all surveillance equipment including surveillance cameras, digital recording system and access control systems. This position is responsible for service, support, and installation of large comprehensive integrated electronic security systems, including but not limited to complex access control, CCTV, and digital recording systems. Troubleshoots, maintains records, inventories equipment, and maintains replacements parts. Ensures functioning of surveillance and security systems through maintenance, repairs, upgrades, additions – while maintaining compliance with internal standards, regulations, and gaming regulations.
• Installs, operates, maintains, trouble shoots, and repairs technical investigative/surveillance equipment in compliance with federal, state and local laws.
• Able to perform the actions of troubleshooting, aligning, adjusting, repairing, and the systems, subsystems, and the associated circuitry to the satisfactory compliance of the operation specifications and user.
• Builds, configures, installs, and maintains video network servers and workstations for convert and overt video surveillance and telephonic intercepts.
• Programs routers, switches, and firewall equipment.
• Configures and monitors VPN connections to service providers, and users and backups/archives, audio/video for evidentiary purposes.
• Researches, evaluates, makes recommendations, and procures or provides expertise in the procurement of technical investigative equipment.
• Designs, builds installs, maintains, and monitors covert video systems, and GPS tracking systems. Downloads recorded audio and video from recorders and transmitters.
• Assists in the planning, placement and installations of cameras and support equipment.
• Maintains and inventory of electronic surveillance equipment and checks out equipment for use.
• Documents and maintains detailed records.
• Schedules and/or coordinates services.
• Performs routine and systematic cleaning and preventative maintenance of video monitors, video cameras, pan/tilt motors and gears, system processor and controls, system peripheral equipment along with digital recording equipment.
• Assists in the ordering and stocking of necessary cleaning supplies and spare parts for exiting equipment.
• Must have the ability to troubleshoot, modify and understand large video switching systems within a casino environment.
• Must have the ability to support all environments as it pertains to digital recording equipment and software.
• Must have knowledge of current electrical codes and be proficient in installing conduit and wire.
• Responds to 24-hours/day seven days/week emergency call-outs to perform and/or facilitate emergency equipment repairs anywhere technical investigative equipment is utilized.
• Tests and evaluates new equipment to ensure that the equipment meets the parameters of gaming and stated manufacturer’s specifications.
• Reports all suspicious persons or activities.
• Meets the attendance guidelines of the job and adheres to regulatory, departmental and company policies.
• Maintains the highest level of discretion and confidentiality while performing assignment and duties.
• Maintains confidentiality of information on all Security and Surveillance personnel, investigations, projects, and programs.
• Perform supportive functions and other duties as assigned based on business needs.
• Ability to obtain or renew all required licenses or certifications.
• Ability to work independently with little to no supervision.
• Must be able to manage multiple objectives and tasks simultaneously, and continually assess and re-set priorities.
• Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple priorities in a demanding work environment.
• Must be detail-oriented, thorough and prompt.
• Perform assigned duties in accordance with a working knowledge of basic electricity and electronic theory. Adhering to all personal safety requirements and personnel safeguards.
• Maintain current service logs, records, and historical maintenance files of assigned equipment.
• Reading and comprehensive technical manuals, manufacturer specification, and troubleshooting guides used in the installation and repair of technical investigative equipment.
• Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and provide solutions.
• Must be able to learn critical software relevant to job duties and assignments.
• Read and comprehend technical manuals, manufacturer specification, and troubleshooting guides used in the installation and repair of technical investigative equipment.
• Must have worked as a Surveillance Agent in Indian Gaming for a minimum of 6 months.
• High School Diploma, or equivalent, required AND 3 years’ experience in law enforcement, security or surveillance preferably in the Casino or Gaming Industry; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledgeable in interpreting regulations, policies, and NIGC MICs.
• Extending working hours and/or on-calls status.
All San Felipe Pueblo Gaming Regulatory Commission employees must operate in an ethical manner by following all policies and procedures relating to confidentiality, gaming, cash transactions, handling, tracking, and proper behavior between staff and customers. Incumbent must conduct oneself in a highly professional manner at all times.
All San Felipe Pueblo Gaming Regulatory Commission employees must be competent in working effectively others to resolve issues or problems, as well as listening and seeking others’ perspective on how to complete assignments. Keeps others informed and up-to-date about tasks, progress, or projects.
• Team Leadership
Incumbents in this job must effectively manage and guide group efforts by providing and appropriate level of feedback to both individuals and group regarding their performance and progress.
Incumbents in this position must have the ability to breakdown complex items or problems into their component parts. Analyze and use information in order to solve problems.
• Electronic Gaming Machine Knowledge
Incumbents in this position must have a working knowledge of the mechanics, electronics, troubleshooting/repair, and software integration and operation for video cameras and their operational networks or technical specifications.
SUPERVISION: SURVEILLANCE MANAGER