Manage the programs, functions, services and activities for the Pharmacy, Dental, School Based Health Clinic, Billing.
Health and Wellness
Manage the programs, functions, services and activities for the Pharmacy, Dental, School Based Health Clinic, Billing, Clinical housekeeping programs, and integration of ambulatory clinical services provided by Indian Health Services. Incumbent will provide administrative support in the development of effective and efficient clinical programs, accurate billing and collection functions, and to assess new business and clinical health delivery systems which may enhance and improve operations. Incumbent is expected to develop systems of care which foster continuity of patient care and optimal outcomes for patient health. In addition, sustaining a team environment which supports an integrative model of medical and preventive activities and services. Thus, promoting a respectful, inclusive and healthy work environment that supports employee engagement.
• Direct clinical program activities in accordance with Pueblo of San Felipe Tribal Administration and the Indian Health Service P.L.93-638 contract and grant funding requirements.
• Develop monthly work plan, quarterly program report, and annual report, in accordance with Pueblo of San Felipe Tribal Administration and the Indian Health Service
• Participate in the development of clinical program goals and objectives and annual budgets in coordination with clinical programs.
• Assist in developing new clinical programs and updating or revising current program policies and procedures as indicated by program evaluation or demographic changes in collaboration with clinical program staff, and other H&W program staff.
• Coordinate Credentialing and Privileging of Clinical staff including contract staff and Quality Assurance.
• Assist Health & Wellness Department Director with projects related to clinical services.
• Participate in Emergency Operations Planning and is prepared to assist the tribe during times of emergency response to disaster or medical pandemic.
• Provide coverage as Acting Health & Wellness Department Director during leave of absence.
• Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure, with a sense of humor.
• Supervisory Responsibilities: Provide supervisory support to clinical employees including: assistance with development of annual budgets and quarterly budget modifications, hiring of staff, approval of leave requests, disciplinary action, and employee evaluations.
• Master’s Degree is preferred in a health management field and extensive experience in a community clinical health setting; or Master's degree in nursing or related field with BSN; or a Doctoral degree in nursing or related field and appropriate basic or advanced certification desired with approximately 4-5 years of nursing practice/experience
• Must have a valid NM Driver’s license and be insurable. Must pass a mandatory BIE background for assignment in the schools.
• Physical Requirements:
• Moderate lifting, pulling, and carrying. Must be able to walk, stand, and bend for 2-4 hours per day. Must be able to distinguish between basic colors. Hearing (aid permitted). Good interpersonal skills, working closely with others. Use of fingers for 6-7 hours per day.
• Preferences: San Felipe Preference. Veteran’s Preference
• Work Environment:
Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with multiple interruptions with a wide scope of people including, but not limited to tribal groups, private agencies, consumers and families. Exposure to infections and communicable disease is possible.
• Work Schedule: The work schedule for this position will correspond with the work schedule for the Pueblo of San Felipe tribal holidays. However, the incumbent may be required to work during Tribal Administrative Leave (4 hours or equivalent time).
Works in and outside office settings; requires constant movement and sits for long periods to complete essential duties.